Bombardier Learjet Challenger 300 Final Assembly
As prime contractor/integrator to Bombardier Aerospace, AIT provided turnkey final assembly tooling for the Challenger 300 Continental Business Jet. The tooling consists of an automated fuselage join tool that utilizes a laser tracker to measure subassemblies in process and an automated wing join feature that automates the mating of the wing assembly to the fuselage.
AIT also delivered mechanized man-lifts for access to the fuselage circumference splice, various transport dollies, and other auxiliary final assembly tools. The system’s high repeatability allows for drilling of full-sized holes before separation for debur and seal operations and then automatically re-aligns the hole for fastener insertion, saving valuable assembly flow time and labor.
- AIT prime contractor/integrator - sole supplier to Learjet/Bombardier
- Automated positioning of fuselage section for join
- Precision positioning of wing assembly to fuselage
- Powered man-lifts, transportation dollies, and other auxiliary assembly tooling
- Use of automatic in-process laser
- Measurement to ensure geometric integrity of the fuselage
- Rapid alignment of wing lugs