Weld Inspector (Night Shift)
AIT is currently seeking a Business Analyst to provide support at our Chesterfield, MI location.
This position is for a night shift weld inspector/welder. The first responsibility will be to perform weld inspection when required and then duties as a certified welder when the inspection is caught up.
Summary of primary duties and responsibilities:
- Perform visual weld inspection and non-destructive testing (NDT) duties. (Onsite training and qualification will be provided by AIT).
Review tool drawings and specifications.
Check qualification of procedures and personnel.
Establish inspection / check points.
Review materials and certifications.
Audit documentation and welding consumables / equipment.
Check fit up and weld joint alignment along with quality of weld root passes.
Verify preheat and interpass temperatures.
Review cleaning during and between passes.
Audit parameters conformance with applicable welding procedures.
All visually accessible weld surfaces shall be examined for any and all discontinuities.
Check for final weld appearance, weld size, dimensional accuracy, distortion, and post weld heat treat inspection.
- Perform certified welding duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a certified welder to an AWS code or equivalent.
- CWI Certificate preferred or willing to obtain.
- Ability to operate overhead crane and hilo.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly focused, self-motivated, team player. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and excellent growth opportunity. Please send your resume and salary history/requirements to our HR Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.