A Tool Designer is responsible to do research, develop, analyze, design and support testing of company products or processes. To translate engineering and scientific concepts from ideas to useful products and product improvements or useful processes and process improvements.
Summary of primary duties and responsibilities:
- Typical essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the creation of new product designs for customers and design improvements of existing product designs.
- Ensure new product designs meet the customer established design requirements.
- Evaluate, select and define material for all parts in the product design.
- Define geometry of components while ensuring that design for manufacturability goals are satisfied.
- Check detail drawings to ensure thoroughness and that design intent is captured and property communicated.
- Utilizing 3D design/modeling software and other computer tools.
- Perform engineering calculations to determine the size and strength of components. Solve design problems and check computations contributing to analytical designs.
- Assisting in others areas as needed and performing other duties as assigned.
- Experience working with CAD software such as CATIA.
- Willingness to learn and use new CAD software.
- Good communication, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Excellent problem solving & decision-making skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree – emphasis in Engineering or other technical fields desired or equivalent related work experience.
- 3 to 5 years tool designing work experience, preferably in an aerospace environment.
Please send your resume and salary history/requirements to our HR Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.