AIT a manufacturing firm specializing in aerospace factory automation, including the design, fabrication, installation and maintenance of turnkey aircraft assembly automation systems, is looking for a Technical Writer to create and deliver high-quality documentation for AIT customers. The Technical Writer supports end-users by analyzing information support requirements; writing and upgrading product documentation.
Desired and previous experience should include:
- Understand documentation requirements by conferring with software developers and programmers; studying product.
- Develops writing strategy by identifying systems aspects that need documentation; evaluating customer research
- Develops writing plan by establishing standards, priorities, sequences, and schedules.
- Prepares documentation by converting technical descriptions into user-understandable language.
- Confirms documentation by forming tests groups; observing product use; interviewing users.
- Improves documentation by evaluating frequently asked questions; interviewing help desk and technical support specialists and users.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Designs computer training manuals by identifying and describing information needs; using desktop publishing; submitting initial versions for review; revising and editing final copy.
- Maintains safe and healthy training environment by following organization standards and legal regulations.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Evaluates training by evaluating effectiveness of training to specific job applications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Applicant’s background should also include the following:
- At least 3 years of technical writing experience with some background in manufacturing
- An undergraduate degree in professional writing, technical writing, or a related field
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, including the rules of composition and grammar
- Strong skills in customer service, analysis, research, and problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with a strong attention to detail
- Highly motivated, self-managed, and personally driven to produce quality work
- Experience writing technical documentation based on requirements, personal interactions, and hands on work
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft products, including Word, Excel, Visio, and SharePoint
- Experience with graphics tools such as SnagIt, Illustrator, or Photoshop
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly focused, self-motivated, team player who enjoys working independently. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and excellent growth opportunity. Please send your resume and salary history/requirements to our HR Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.