Technical Reporting Accountant
AIT, a manufacturing firm specializing in aerospace factory automation, including the design, fabrication, installation and maintenance of turnkey aircraft assembly automation systems, is looking for a Technical Reporting Accountant to join our team. The Technical Accountant is responsible for financial reporting and conducting technical accounting research related to new and proposed accounting standards that may affect the Company’s reporting. The technical reporting accountant also performs financial statement analysis and tasks related to the periodic financial close process.
Desired and previous experience should include:
- Preparation, accurate reporting and filing of periodic management reports such as monthly, quarterly, and annual consolidated financial statements.
- Preparation of annual MD&A along with required statement footnotes.
- Assists in the preparation of other required filings and registrations.
- Ensures compliance with all FASB and GAAP reporting rules and regulations.
- Prepares the financial reporting component of the external audit.
- Support periodic financial close process, review journal entries, revenue recognition calculation, and balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Analyze, research, and conclude on new and proposed accounting, reporting and disclosure standards issued by the FASB.
Applicant’s background should also include the following:
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience to include accounting, reporting, financial analysis and footnote disclosures.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Strong and extensive knowledge of US GAAP and FASB pronouncements.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail, demonstrated integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to stay knowledgeable about, research and reach well-reasoned conclusions on technical accounting issues.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize diverse tasks.
- Big 4 reporting experience strongly preferred.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly focused, self-motivated, team player who enjoys working independently. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and excellent growth opportunity. Please send your resume and salary history/requirements to our HR Representative at email@example.com.