AIT, a manufacturing firm specializing in aerospace factory automation, including the design, fabrication, installation and maintenance of turnkey aircraft assembly automation systems, is looking for a Tax Manager to join our team.
The tax manager oversees tax planning of entities by interpreting tax regulations. The tax manager also completes all appropriate tax returns and ensures compliance with relevant IRS regulations. The tax manager advises on appropriate tax strategies for our organization.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepares federal, state, local and special tax returns by collecting, analyzing and formatting financial information
- Coordinates and reviews all non US filings for accuracy and compliance
- Complies with federal, state, local and SEC requirements by studying regulations; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions; communicating with attorneys
- Prepares financial statements, reports and records by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
- Reviews tax information supplied by client; may meet with or call client with questions
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops or classes, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies
- Handles federal, state and local tax audits
- Prepares research memoranda, written correspondence/guidance, and other documents for submission to the IRS or other taxing authorities
- Recognizes, anticipates and resolve tax issues
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed, including special projects.
- Works closely with investor’s tax department to comply with all general and limited partnership agreements
- Develops and maintains tax policies and controls
- Identifies and assists with the development and implementation of worldwide tax planningstrategies, including responsibility for transfer pricing agreements
- Monitors legislative changes in US and non US jurisdictions that may impact the company’s tax positions, including tax accounting implications
- Manages outside consultants and advisors
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or taxation
- CPA, MBA (tax) preferred
- Experience with Limited Partnerships, multinational, multistate taxation
- Transactional experience with transfer pricing agreements and accounting
- Attention to detail, organized and strong desire for continuous improvement
- Minimum of seven years of accounting experience with individual and partnership tax returns.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Capable of managing multiple priorities to meet deadlines, while maintaining accuracy
- Project management skills and ability to influence and drive results
- Confident, self-starter with ability to work with minimal direction
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office
- Experience with IFS preferred
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly focused, self-motivated, team player who enjoys working independently. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and excellent growth opportunity. Please send your resume and salary history/requirements to our HR Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.