AIT is a manufacturing firm specializing in aerospace factory automation, including the design, fabrication, installation and maintenance of turnkey aircraft assembly automation systems, and has an immediate need for Software Engineer. As an integral part of the AIT team, the successful candidate will be an active participant in the design, procurement, fabrication, assembly, integration, startup, and commissioning of very large scale automated aerospace assembly systems. The candidate will support custom software for the automated assembly systems with primary focus on control system development, including microprocessor-based servo motion control, analog and digital sensors, network communications, and graphical user interfaces (GUI).
The Software Engineer is the key contact for customer design teams and maintains this technical relationship throughout the customer development cycle. Software Engineers are involved in customer support and discussions with AIT’s software team; they help to maintain already installed systems, deploy requested changes or upgrades, and work directly with the customer to troubleshoot and solve critical system problems in a timely manner.
Applicant’s experience should include the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent is a must
- Knowledge of Siemens and/or AllenBradley (AB) is required
- Candidate must have experience programming in C/C++
- Academic or labor experience with full software life cycle, including specification, design, implementation, integration, and debugging
- Familiarity with a structured coding environment and participation on Academic/real-life projects which involve software and hardware (i.e. robotics)
- Must be able to program applications to run on the Windows Operating System.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office, development for Graphical user interfaces (GUI), and Network administration and TCP/IP configuration is also required
- Strong written communication skills, excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills, the ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly and be a team player
- 2+ years’ experience programming in C/C++; must be able to program applications to run on the Windows operating system
- Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship or valid Permanent Resident status is required
- Travel to worldwide customer sites may be required at least 60%
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly focused, self-motivated, team player who enjoys working independently. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and excellent growth opportunity. Please send your resume and salary history/requirements to our HR Representative at email@example.com.