AIT is currently seeking a Shipping Coordinator to provide support at our Chesterfield, MI location. This position has the responsibility and authority to ensure that the shipments are on-time and are properly packaged to assure quality as well as prevent damage and deterioration.
Summary of primary duties and responsibilities:
- Assists in overall shipping logistics plan, including coordination of packaging requirements, scheduling trucks with vendors, and coordinating with customers.
- Ensures that all items are received in a timely manner.
- Verifies entered customer account data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or re-entering data as necessary.
- Prepares shipments by assembling, packing, protecting, and labeling.
- Uses computer hardware and software to generate labels and maintain equipment.
- Ensuring that products processed for shipping are delegated to correct courier.
- Operates equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks to move or hoist materials to proper departments or areas.
- Ensure that all AIT tools are free of Foreign Object Debris (FOD) and Foreign Object Damage.
- Maintains inventory control and warehouse organization.
- Assisting in others areas as needed and performing other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of shipping and receiving experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with Warehouse and inventory controls is essential.
- An ability to read design drawings for Bills of Material (BOMs) is desirable.
- Knowledge in customer logistic systems such as SCATS and Exostar.
- The ideal candidate will have good written and verbal communication skills, the ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly and effectively, and will be a team player.
- Competent with computer software such as, Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, MS Project) and ERP systems.
- A background in technology and manufacturing and an ability to work independently to meet deadlines are essential.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly focused, self-motivated, team player. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and excellent growth opportunity. Please send your resume and salary history/requirements to our HR Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.