Senior Project Manager
AIT is a manufacturing firm specializing in aerospace factory automation, including the design, fabrication, installation and maintenance of turnkey aircraft assembly automation systems, and seeks a Senior Project Manager with a DOD secret clearance to join our team. This position will be located in Plano, Texas.
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Leads a cross functional team of engineers, technicians, manufacturing and the installation team to design, build and implement state of the art automation and tooling solutions for the Aerospace industry.
- Works closely with customer, engineering and manufacturing for defining the project scope and objectives to ensure project members understand what is expected of them and what they should expect from one another.
- Prepares, maintains activity/progress reports for management.
- Develops detailed plans for fabrication, installation and proving of tooling and automations systems.
- Develops and maintains detail project schedules.
- Develops and monitors project budgets.
- Provides project direction; generates product design changes and workspace layout modification to existing production standards to achieve optimum quality and efficiency.
- Approval and disposition of fabrication, electrical programming, design activities and nonconforming products.
- Coordinates purchasing of components with internal manufacturing, external suppliers and vendors.
- Responsible for approval and change of production processes.
- Active Secret clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent
- 8+ years of project management experience preferably in the aerospace industry
- Project Scheduling
- Budget development and review
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Familiar with 3D CAD packages such as Catia, Solidworks, etc.
- Must be able to travel 30%-40% and to multiple locations
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly focused, self-motivated, team player who enjoys working independently. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and excellent growth opportunity. Please send your resume and salary history/requirements to our HR Representative at email@example.com.