AIT is currently seeking a Senior Buyer to provide support at our Chesterfield, MI, location.
The senior buyer leads and mentors a team of buyers and partners with the Director, Supply Chain on sourcing logistics, new program development, and other projects as required.
Summary of primary duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with negotiating favorable terms and volume discounts with suppliers.
- Process requisitions and purchase orders for the procurement department.
- Expediting and managing back orders.
- Credit card reconciliation and coding.
- Performs competitive supplier evaluation and selection by negotiating supply agreements where appropriate that include discount structures and payment terms.
- Continually help to improve purchasing methods to drive down internal and external spending.
- Reviews and analyzes client solicitations received by the company and provides recommendations to Director, Supply Chain.
- Serves as point of contact and interacts with customers, subcontractors and management regarding contract requirements and issues resolutions.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 4 years Procurement experience in manufacturing environment preferred.
- Knowledge of & Implementation of ERP systems.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Working knowledge of Peachtree accounting software
- Experience in working in Engineered to Order, low volume / high mix manufacturing and non-standard manufacturing environments.
- Strong, independent, confident self-starter.
- Ability to work in a high energy, high volume, rapidly changing environment.
- Stable work background with increased levels of success and responsibility.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to mentor and train others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to present and explain information that establishes effective communication lines, persuades others and facilitates understanding.
- Familiar with ISO 9000 and other quality systems, knowledge with AS9100D a plus.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly focused, self-motivated, team player. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and excellent growth opportunity. Please send your resume and salary history/requirements to our HR Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.