AIT is currently seeking a Project Manager to provide support at our Chesterfield, MI, location.
This position is responsible for the management of customer projects, with the goal of delivering every project on time, within budget and meeting scope and quality requirements.
Summary of primary duties and responsibilities:
- Manages changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Tracks job cost using Earned vs. Burned program and escalates/adjusts accordingly.
- Assists in preforming PCM Reporting to finance.
- Develops master timing plan to report to status to customers.
- Supports relationships with customers and manages customer interactions and expectations.
- Kicks-off new projects and coordinates with internal resources for the execution of projects.
- Works with assigned staff to ensure a high performance customer-service oriented work environment, which supports achieving the company’s strategic plan, objectives and core values.
- Assists in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring feasibility.
- Ensures resource availability and allocation to support project plan and timing.
- Reports and escalates issues to management as needed.
- Creates and maintains comprehensive project documentation.
- Performs risk management to minimize project risks.
- Manages customer authority data.
- Ensures quality reports and project deliverables meet or exceed both customer and internal expectations.
- Interfaces with IPT’s and conducts weekly customer focus meetings.
- Performs miscellaneous duties to support projects as assigned and requested from Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar field with a minimum of 8 years in a tooling/manufacturing environment in the aerospace industry and/or combination of relevant work experience to successfully meet the duties of the position.
- Excellent customer and internal communication skills.
- Proven working experience in project management preferably in the aviation industry.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Thorough understanding and broad application of technical standards, principles, theories, and techniques related to tool manufacturing.
- Ability to provide technical solutions to a range of challenging problems with creative, practical solutions that are consistent with organizational objectives.
- Capable of working under minimal or no supervision and presents work upon completion for review of technical judgment and overall adequacy.
- Works with both internal and external contacts, and often represent the organization in developing solutions to complex technical issues.
- Ability to work and lead in a fast paced manufacturing environment, continually seeking solutions to productions issues and improving overall efficiency of the shop floor.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly focused, self-motivated, team player. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and excellent growth opportunity. Please send your resume and salary history/requirements to our HR Representative at email@example.com.