AIT is a manufacturing firm specializing in aerospace factory automation, including the design, fabrication, installation and maintenance of turnkey aircraft assembly automation systems, and has an immediate need for a Network Administrator in our corporate office located in Plano, TX.
The Network Engineer is responsible for designing, modifying, installing, and maintaining the network infrastructure systems in accordance with AIT corporate policies for the enterprise.
- Install and support LANs, WLANs WANs, VoIP, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Install and maintain network hardware and software.
- Monitor networks to ensure security, availability, and performance for the enterprise.
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, security updates and patches.
- Respond to monitored events, manages capacity, and evaluate the existing infrastructure.
- Analyze current network configurations and determine implementation requirements.
- Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration.
- Maintain network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways, and intrusion detection systems.
- Administer routers, switches, firewalls, VPN gateways, and intrusion detection systems.
- Coordinate and manage third party IT vendor / supplier relationships.
- Provide third-level support and troubleshooting of network problems. Periodically provide afterhours and weekend support.
- Assist with day-to-day IT support and projects assigned by Management.
Applicant’s experience should include the following:
- Network Administration: 7+ years hands-on experience.
- Advanced working knowledge of and experience with major routing protocols like EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, etc., and connectivity including WAN/LAN, Site-to-Site VPN, and Internet.
- Network infrastructure implementation and administration of NextGen firewalls, routers and switches.
- Demonstrate an understanding of network connectivity for physical and virtualized servers and Storage Area Network (SAN)
- Technical competency with Cisco Networking technologies including: Cisco ASA Firewalls, Firepower, Cisco Switches and Routers, Log and Packet analysis.
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP, spanning-tree, sub-netting, routing, ACLs, wireless and VPN.
- Advanced working knowledge of network monitoring protocols and/or systems (TAPs, SNMP, Syslog, Netflow, IP SLA, etc.)
- Ability to communicate network solutions to technical and non-technical employees.
- Self-starter with strong sense of personal responsibility.
- Ability to work on and push multiple projects at once.
- Network tools including but not limited to: Wireshark, Network Management Systems, Network configuration management, sflow/netflow, IPAM, and Automation platforms.
- Must have the ability to solve technical and operation problems, showing a high level of customer service and project management skills.
- Experience with Security compliance protocols like NIST, SOX, PCI, etc.
- CISCO: 4+ years
- Detailed technical experience in the installation, configuration and operation of high-end firewall appliances, ideally CISCO products.
- Network certifications like CCNA, CCNP, Security+, etc.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to travel up to 30%
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly focused, self-motivated, team player who enjoys working independently. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and excellent growth opportunity. Please send your resume and salary history/requirements to our HR Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.