MECHANICAL AUTOMATION ENGINEER
As an integral part of the AIT team, the successful candidate will be an active participant in the design, procurement, fabrication, assembly, integration, startup, and commissioning of very large scale automated aerospace assembly systems.
As a Mechanical Automation Engineer, you will take a lead role while working with other engineers to develop tooling concepts and designs. Experience in one or more of the following is required: Heavy Machine Design, Aerospace Tooling Assembly Systems and Automation. Candidates must demonstrate a high degree of responsibility and motivation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design aircraft assembly automation tools (main responsibility)
- Design aircraft tooling
- Define, organize, and prioritize project goals
- Provide leadership to meet design schedules
- Work with marketing for new design considerations
- Provide support for new product introduction to manufacturing.
- Occasional foreign travel to worldwide customer sites may be required
Skills and Knowledge Required
- CAD Software Skills:
- CATIA V5 or Solidworks
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) software
- Microsoft Office
Background: Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 5-15 years prior work experience with a track record of successfully completed machine design projects.
- Solid background in manufacturing and machine shop capabilities
The ideal candidate will have strong written communication skills, the ability to quickly and effectively learn and apply new concepts, and perform as a team player.
We offer an outstanding compensation package and a casual, team-oriented environment. For further information about our company, go to our website at www.aint.com. Please send a resume and detailed cover letter with salary history/requirements to our HR Representative at email@example.com.