mechanical design engineer
AIT is a manufacturing firm specializing in aerospace factory automation, including the design, fabrication, installation and maintenance aircraft assembly automation systems, has an immediate need for Mechanical Design Engineers to join our team in Bothell, WA. As an integral part of the AIT team, the successful candidate will be an active participant in the design, procurement, fabrication, assembly, integration, start-up, and commissioning of very large scale automated aerospace assembly systems. The Mechanical Design Engineer will take a lead role while working with other engineers to develop tooling concepts and designs.
Responsibilities for Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Design aircraft assembly automation tools and equipment.
- Design aircraft tooling.
- Define, organize, and prioritize project goals.
- Provide leadership to meet design schedules.
- Work with the marketing group for new design considerations.
- Provide support for new product introduction to manufacturing.
- Occasional domestic or foreign travel to customer sites may be required.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline required.
- CAD Software Skills:
- CATIA V5, or Equivalent software skills (NX, Solidworks, Pro E, etc.)
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) software (Ansys is preferred)
- Microsoft Office
Experience & General Characteristics:
- Prior work experience with a track record of successfully completed machine design projects.
- 3+ years’ experience in one or more of the following: Heavy Machine Design, Structural Design Aerospace Tooling Assembly Systems and Automation.
- Solid background in manufacturing and machine shop capabilities.
- Be able to obtain Secret security clearance
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to design new concept for tools and equipment at a productive rate.
- Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship or valid Permanent Resident status is required
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly focused, self-motivated, team player who enjoys working independently. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and excellent growth opportunity. Please send your resume and salary history/requirements to our HR Representative at email@example.com.