Maintenance Engineering Technician
AIT is a manufacturing firm specializing in aerospace factory automation, including the design, fabrication, installation and maintenance of turnkey aircraft assembly automation systems, has an immediate need for a motivated Maintenance Engineer Technician with 5 + years' experience in PLC and HMI configuration and programming control circuits.
The maintenance engineering technician maintains tests and repairs electrical/electronic, PLC, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components. Applies knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical principles in determining equipment modifications, malfunctions and restores equipment to operation. Support all production and physical plant equipment in Charleston, SC for 2nd shift.
- Perform all duties in a safe and collaborative manner and immediately report any potentially dangerous conditions or other safety concerns to the supervisor.
- Start up and shut down equipment in accordance with operation’s requirements, company safety procedures and OSHA requirements for machine activation and shutdown.
- Provide technical support on PLC’s and network interfaces throughout the manufacturing floor.
- Perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theory and principles, written specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment including but not limited to PLC’s, numerical controls, power supplies, drives, gages/HMI and test equipment.
- Receive wiring diagrams, drawing, specification, and instructions, both verbally or in writing, concerning emergency and scheduled repair, installation, and inspection work to be performed.
- Plan details of working procedures to determine material or replacement needs and determines a logical approach to repair problems.
- Service electronic equipment by checking, testing, and replacing faulty components, circuit modules, printed circuit boards and similar electronic devices.
- Perform plant-wide electronic and electrical maintenance making operating adjustment as required.
- Capable of developing programs/documents for training and knowledge transfer in all aspects of the control systems.
- Maintain and install communication cables, power distribution cables and wiring, and performs splicing as required.
- Promote and comply with good safety practices and habits, including but not limited to, use of all PPE.
Background Requirements Education:
- Technician Certification or Associates degree in related field required.
- 5+ years and/or equivalent experience preferred in PLC and HMI configuration and programming Control circuit analysis, design, troubleshooting and solving software/hardware issues in an industrial high voltage electrical maintenance.
Skills and Knowledge:
- A thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes.
- Proficient computer experience/operation and PLC programming is necessary.
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and mechanical systems.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly focused, self-motivated, team player who enjoys working independently. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and excellent growth opportunity. Please send your resume and salary history/requirements to our HR Representative at email@example.com.