Laser Tracker Operator
AIT is a manufacturing firm specializing in aerospace factory automation, including the design, fabrication, installation and maintenance of turnkey aircraft assembly automation systems, and has an immediate need for a Traveling Laser Tracker Operators.
The Laser Tracker Operator is responsible for traveling to customer sites performing the first article inspection of detail components, products and tooling (including jigs and fixtures). Responsible for using a Laser Tracker to conduct inspections and additionally required to use conventional methods of inspection as well in preparation for or in support of Laser Tracker inspections. This position does require 100% travel to worldwide locations.
- Work from tool drawings, numerical control data, quality procedures and instructions.
- Inspect details to complete tools utilizing hand tools, surface plate or laser tracker to print and/or model.
- Verify dimensions with the part on the machine.
- Initiate applicable non-conformance documents as required.
- Use Verisurf, Spatial Analyzer and other metrology software.
- Protect, maintain and organize equipment
- Design measurement tools and adapters to be used with the laser tracker.
- Adjust working shift to coincide with customer shut downs and to work with the environmental challenges associated with precision measurement tools
- Must be willing to travel up to 100%
Applicant’s experience should include the following:
- Requires demonstrated ability to read, comprehend and interpret highly technical publications, specifications, orders, sketches, and blueprints and mathematical ability to make complex calculations needed in the area of specialization.
- Familiarity and ability to work with solid models in a PC environment is required.
- Able to work with standard manufacturing hand tools and measuring devices is required.
- An appropriate mix of education and experience which would allow the employee to obtain the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above or willingness to train.
Education and Experience:
- Prefer 2 plus years of experience in large scale machining / manufacturing and / or CMM operation.
- Proficient in blueprint reading and thorough understanding of 3D geometry, and XYZ Coordinate Systems. Proficient in Word, Excel, E-mail and database software.
- Direct experience with Verisurf X software preferred.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 50 hours per week
- Must be flexible with work schedule and willing to work a Split Shift
- Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship or valid Permanent Resident status is required.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to travel up to 100%
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly focused, self-motivated, team player who enjoys working independently. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and excellent growth opportunity. Please send your resume and salary history/requirements to our HR Representative at email@example.com.