AIT is a manufacturing firm specializing in aerospace factory automation, including the design, fabrication, installation and maintenance of turnkey aircraft assembly automation systems, and has an immediate need for Jig Builders in our Grand Prairie, TX location.
Responsible for the assembly of a large variety of different types of tools with the use of Laser Trackers, Conventional Optics (transits & levels), height gages and other required hand tools. Ensure tools function appropriately with complex angles or contours. Capable of leading the fabrication of a large assembly fixture by coordinating the sequence of build along with scheduling work to be performed from tool design drawings or models. Designs and creates jig and fixture details and holding devices. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proficient in Laser trackers to include Leica, API or Faro desired.
- Proficiency with computers is key and knowledge of Catia V5 or other solid modeling programs helpful, as well as experience with measurement software packages.
- Positions, fits, or align parts on workbench, floor, or machine, following blueprints, diagrams, guides, holes, reference marks, or work orders.
- Drills, taps, or reams holes to prepare parts for assembly, using arbour or drill press or other bench mounted drills.
- Files, grinds, planes, sands or buffs parts to remove burrs, alter shape, improve fit or smooth finish, using hand tools or power tools.
- Applies adhesive, bonding agent, sealant, or paint to surface of material by brushing, spraying, dipping, or rolling.
- Must be capable of and responsible for communicating, coordinating and instructing lower classified Toolmakers.
- Holds parts during assembly, using hands, clamps, pneumatic screw presses, or other work aides.
- Measures and marks reference lines and points on parts according to specifications, using template, rule, or marking device.
- Must be flexible, dependable, time conscious, and be able to move from project to project with minimal supervision.
- Must work closely with shop management.
- High school diploma and/or certification in the field.
Experience & General Characteristics:
- Knowledge and experience in tooling manufacturing processes and techniques.
- 5 years of experience.
- Must be able to read process charts, work orders, blueprints, or other specifications to determine assembly sequence, machine and tooling requirements, measurements, and tolerances.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly focused, self-motivated, team player who enjoys working independently. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and excellent growth opportunity. Please send your resume and salary history/requirements to our HR Representative at email@example.com.