iNFORMATION SECURITY SPECIALIST
AIT has a career opportunity for an Information Security Specialist at the Chesterfield, MI, facility. This position will report directly to the Corporate Chief Security Officer in support of multiple efforts as it relates to customer and company requirements.
Roles & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform Risk Management Framework (RMF) implementation within the Intelligence Community (IC)
- Perform assessments of systems and networks within the networking environment and identify where those systems and networks deviate from acceptable configurations or policy. This is achieved through passive evaluations such as compliance audits and active evaluations such as vulnerability assessments.
- Establish strict program control processes to ensure mitigation of risks and supports obtaining certification and accreditation of systems. Includes support of process, analysis, coordination, security certification test, security documentation, as well as investigations, software research, hardware introduction and release, emerging technology research, inspections and periodic audits.
- Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
- Assist in the implementation of government policy, make recommendations on process tailoring, participate in and document process activities.
- Assist with implementing system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
- Document the results of Certification and Accreditation activities and provide technical assistance or coordination activity.
- Prepare the System Security Plans and update the Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M).
- Periodically conduct a complete review of each system's audits and monitor corrective actions until all actions are closed.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- ACTIVE SECRET Security Clearance
- Must possess DoD 8570 Certification for IAT Level II (GSEC, GICSP, SSCP, Security+ CE or CCNA-Security) (reference: http://iase.disa.mil/iawip/Pages/iabaseline.aspx for list of qualified certifications)
- Experience with end-user support, understanding of network security controls such as routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion management solutions, network access control, and related solutions.
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems and applications.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated success working individually or as part of a team requiring little supervision.
- When required, have the ability to work outside of normal working hours and weekends as needed to support the customer’s needs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid understanding of the Department of Defense accreditation process (RMF) and be able to operate in those environments.
- Functional experience working with military service-level Security Accreditation Authorities (SCA) and
Designated Approval Authorities
- Recent military experience or familiarity with DOD
To be considered for this opportunity, please send your resume and salary history/requirements to our HR Representative at email@example.com.