AIT is a manufacturing firm specializing in aerospace factory automation, including the design, fabrication, installation and maintenance of turnkey aircraft assembly automation systems, and has an immediate need for an Industrial Engineer in our Grand Prairie, TX, location.
As a member of the Engineering team, the Industrial Engineer will interact with talented individuals who are engaged in a fast paced manufacturing organization of a growing company and will be resourceful in problem solving, creative thinking, and personnel interaction. This self-starter will be responsible for executing projects aimed at eliminating waste and increasing efficiencies in the production area (manufacturing processes, yield improvements, cycle time improvements, line layout) and associated support functions (Process Engineering, Planning, Supply Chain). The ideal candidate will have the desire to break down complex operations with a process oriented mindset, be data-driven, have a passion for improving efficiency, and be able to effect change in a challenging production environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead production efficiency improvement and line balancing efforts in a manner that achieves buy-in from employees and facilities effective and lasting change to improve plant safety, quality, delivery and costs.
- Work with production supervisor and operations personnel to develop and execute plans for the continuous improvement of business measures including, but not limited to Product Yields, Cycle Time, Work Flow/Efficiency improvement and line layout.
- Develop further understanding of manufacturing methods by reviewing process flows, production schedules, and engineering specifications.
- Plans and oversees layout of equipment, office, and production facilities.
- Determine how to manufacture products or deliver services with greatest efficiency.
- Establish management control systems for cost analysis and optimal budget planning.
- Execute quality control processes to resolve problems in production cost-effectively.
- Work with management, engineers, and customers to develop new standards for production.
- Train and mentor employees in lean manufacturing and quality system concepts, helping them understand, embrace, and utilize those skills.
- Ensure that products meet high quality standards by designing control systems for production planning.
- Communicate with vendors about purchases, managers about manufacturing capabilities, clients on product specifications, and team members on project statuses.
- Develop and maintain process related documentation including but not limited to process operating documents, production routings, fabrication drawings and Rework plans.
- Use lean tools such as value stream mapping to improve processes.
- BS Degree in Industrial Engineering.
Experience & General Characteristics:
- 5-10 years as an Industrial Engineer in Aerospace Manufacturing.
- Strong lean process and analytical skills.
- Strong in Microsoft Office including, Excel and Project.
- Experience with lean manufacturing concepts and practices.
- Working knowledge of tooling fabrication facility design and optimization techniques.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams consisting of operators, supervisors, engineers and technicians.
- ERP systems familiarity
- Catia experience or equivalent a plus
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly focused, self-motivated, team player who enjoys working independently. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and excellent growth opportunity. Please send your resume and salary history/requirements to our HR Representative at email@example.com.