Human Resources Generalist
AIT is currently seeking a Human Resources Generalist to provide support at our Chesterfield, Mich., location.
As a key member of the Human Resources team, the HR Generalist will have the role of completing functions to support the Human Resource department. Responsibilities include employee relations, training, recruiting, performance management, benefits management, and payroll functions. This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. The generalist must be sensitive to employee goodwill and the business needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts recruitment effort for site location which includes reviewing application, prescreening candidates and coordinating interviews to fill vacant positions.
- Administer new hire orientation, including all onboarding responsibilities, while ensuring corresponding processes are completed in a timely manner.
- Supports positive employee relations by providing advice and guidance regarding policies.
- Resolves employee relations issues by investigating questions and/or concerns.
- Facilitates and/or provides required and necessary training to the workforce while maintaining accurate recordkeeping.
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process.
- Assists with the processing and submittal of payroll.
- Monitors unemployment claims by reviewing claims; substantiating documentation; and responding in a timely manner.
- Key resource for the employees regarding the information and administration of the Company’s group insurance benefits and policies.
- Acts as liaison between employee, insurance providers and broker to resolve benefit related problems and ensure effective utilization of plans.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field, and/or equivalent experience.
- PHR/SPHR and/or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP preferred.
Experience & General Characteristics:
- Minimum of three years of HR generalist experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong knowledge of people management, coaching and leadership skills as well as ethical standards.
- Approachable, positive, enthusiastic and solutions oriented.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly focused, self-motivated, team player. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and excellent growth opportunity. Please send your resume and salary history/requirements to our HR Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.