Advanced Integration Technology (AIT) a manufacturing firm specializing in aerospace factory automation, including the design, fabrication, installation and maintenance of turnkey aircraft assembly automation systems, has an immediate need for an Electrical Technician in our corporate office located in Plano, TX.
The electrical technician builds, tests and repairs electrical/electronic, PLC, mechanical, and pneumatic systems and components. Applies knowledge of electro-mechanical systems to repair and restore equipment to operation. Support production and physical plant equipment in the facility when necessary.
- Perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theory and principles, written specifications, local and national electrical codes.
- Troubleshoot and repair electro-mechanical equipment including but not limited to PLC’s, numerical controls, power supplies, drives, gages/HMI and test equipment.
- Build control panels and associated hardware including cable assemblies, junction boxes, joysticks, and HMIs.
- Receive wiring diagrams, drawing, specification, and instructions, both verbally or in writing, concerning emergency and scheduled repair, installation, and inspection work to be performed.
- Capable of developing documents for training and knowledge transfer with regards to the control systems.
- Promote and comply with good safety practices, habits, and house cleaning, including the use of PPE when required.
- Ensure high-quality product through quality workmanship, internal testing, adherence to quality standards and the proper completion of quality documents.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with team members including customers, engineers, and project managers.
- Carry out testing and installation activities while working with multiple teams.
- Travel to manufacturing and customer sites (10%-20% travel required).
- Self-motivated team player able to work with minimal supervision.
Applicant’s education and background:
- Associates degree or equivalent in related field with strong electro-mechanical aptitude.
- 5+ years’ work experience in electro-mechanical technology, or equivalent.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficient in soldering and the use of test equipment.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills, working on high voltage control systems and have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and mechanical systems.
- Must be a US Person and able to work on ITAR programs (Permanent residents or US Citizen)
- Ability to obtain a US security clearance if required
- Experience in PLC and HMI configuration
- Light Machining background
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly focused, self-motivated, team player who enjoys working independently. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and excellent growth opportunity. Please send your resume and salary history/requirements to our HR Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.