AIT is currently seeking CNC Programmers to provide support at our Chesterfield, Mich., location.
The CNC Programmer is responsible for the programming of various 3-axis, 3+2-axis, and 5-axis CNC machines, including but not limited to Vertical & Horizontal Machining Centers. Must have knowledge and be able to support Manual Milling. Manufactured parts range from simple plate work to complex/large weldments and assemblies, in a variety of materials, including but not limited to steel, invar, plastic, and aluminum.
- Programming with the use of CNC Programming Software.
- Creating clear and concise setup and tooling sheets for machine operators.
- Use CAD models and drawings to provide missing dimensions and determine suitable manufacturing methods.
- Assist the fabrication shop on occasion to provide production support.
- Provide guidance to machinists as required to ensure the quality of parts produced.
- Troubleshoot machine alarms and errors as they arise.
- Performs other duties, consistent with the position, as required or assigned.
- Getting Information -- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Interacting With Computers -- Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems -- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships -- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Specifying Technical Requirements to tell others about how parts, equipment, machined, or modified.
- Documenting/Recording Information -- Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic form.
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge -- Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to the job.
- Engineering and Technology -- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Mechanical -- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Design -- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, fixtures, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Production and Processing -- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes and quality control.
- Hands-on -- Strong CNC operation and set-up skills.
- Measuring – able to use precision measuring skills.
- Computer Software -- Proficient in Tebis or ability to learn.
- A thorough understanding of material removal methods and machining processes
- A working knowledge of welding and fabrication, especially the stress they can impose on a part to be machined
- Experiencing applying and inspecting to meet Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- 3D CAD/CAM – experience with Catia, Enovia, Iges, STP Data
- 2D CAD - Proficient in AutoCAD/Draftsight or equivalent.
- MS Office - Proficient in MS Excel
- Team experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 5 years of technical experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong organization skills with ability to manage competing priorities
- Strong database knowledge desirable
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly focused, self-motivated, team player. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and excellent growth opportunity. Please send your resume and salary history/requirements to our HR Representative at email@example.com.