Plano, based manufacturing firm specializing in aerospace factory automation, including the design, fabrication, installation, and maintenance of turnkey aircraft assembly automation systems, has an immediate need for a motivated Machinist. This position requires the applicant to perform all lathe or mill operations to produce finished products from a variety of materials. Applicant must be able to work from blueprints, specifications, job layouts, and written and/or oral instructions for the successful setup and operation of manual or CNC machine tools
We currently have several openings for Machinist positions at our facility in Grand Prairie, TX.
• 5 years minimum experience in CNC and conventional machining.
- HURCO CNC Experience
- Experience operating Lathes or Mills
- Mazak (vertical or horizontal)
• A certificate from an accredited trade school in machining or equivalent experience
• Ability to safely operate all equipment and systems in machining area.
• ERP systems experience preferred but not required
• Performs complex machining of all types of parts in support of production operations or job shop machining
• Lays out work from blueprints, sketches, and written specifications
• Programs CNC machines tools in the course of making parts
• Sets up and operates all available machine tools and performs progressive machining operations on work involving very close tolerances or unusual requirements
• Determines and prioritizes job shop production operation sequence
• Specific knowledge of appropriate feeds, speed, and tooling for a wide range of materials
• Familiar with working properties of all materials
• Skillfully uses all machinists’ hand tools and measuring instruments
• Interacts and coordinates with other functions (Engineering, Quality, etc.)
• Enters process performance data when required
• Maintains equipment and work area in a clean and orderly manner • Actively participates in team roles and team development, including continuous improvement initiatives to meet cycle time, schedule, and quality objectives
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
The candidate must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds for short distances, stoop, bend, kneel, walk, have full dexterity, and correctable vision.
Safety - AIT enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities.
Quality - It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the AIT Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable AIT Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to his/her job.
The ideal candidate will have strong written communication skills, the ability to quickly and effectively learn and apply new concepts, and perform as part of a team.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly focused, self-motivated, team player. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and excellent growth opportunity. Please send your resume and salary history/requirements to our HR Representative at email@example.com