The Buyer will be responsible for managing and improving the material procurement supply chain
functions as they relate to company purchasing functions. This position works closely with
manufacturing, design and finance departments and will assist in the following areas of operations as
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that materials are available for order fulfillment and production (both internally and at contract processors) in order to meet customer delivery schedules and delivery customer service levels at the lowest total cost
- Qualifies and approves vendors and coordinates the authorization of purchase orders
- Develops and maintains competitive sources for materials, supplies and services
- Coordinates source selection decisions with other company requirements as required
- Develops and maintains good supplier relations by adhering to high standards of business ethics and fair dealing
- Receives and evaluates proposals from potential suppliers, develops negotiation plans and, with management approval, completes negotiations
- Coordinates engineering, manufacturing and quality control requirements with supplies
- Reviews contractual terms and conditions offered to and requested by suppliers to ensure the company’s best interests are protected
- Performs cost/price analyses to advise management of potential savings and establish negotiation goals
- Develops procurement packages with major subcontractors when the company is designated as the prime contractor
- Leads procurement processes including capturing requirements, soliciting proposals, negotiating contracts, and optimizing the supplier base
- Working under general supervision, performs the wide range of assignments using mature judgment and expertise to develop solutions to specified problems
- Monitors vendor performance and processes credit applications
- Ensures that all AIT tools are free of Foreign Object Debris (FOD) and Foreign Object Damag
- Performs other duties, consistent with the position, as required or assigned
- Bachelor’s degree – emphasis in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Finance or Accounting desirable
- Working knowledge of strategic supply-chain activities such as supply planning, sourcing, contracts and supplier performance management
- Three to Five years’ experience in a high technology manufacturing environment
- American Purchasing Society Certifications – CPP, CPPM, or CPM desirable
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly and effectively and will be a team player.
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels, including interpersonal, written, and presentation skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical and commercial concepts.
- Strong organization & time management skills and the proven ability to multi-task
- Solid understanding of business and manufacturing processes and issues
- Exceptional negotiating skills, including prior experience negotiating raw materials vendor contracts and independently managing high-value negotiations and contracts
- Well-developed analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving skills
- Well-developed leadership skills, including a team orientation, flexibility, integrity, and creativity
- An ability to work independently to meet all deadlines, internal, customer and vendor is essential
- Technical Capacity.
- Organizational Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Time Management.
- Collaboration Skills.