Plano-based manufacturing firm specializing in aerospace factory automation, including the design, fabrication, installation and maintenance of turnkey aircraft assembly automation systems, has an immediate need for a motivated professional for a key purchasing position reporting to the VP, Supply Chain. Candidates should have experience with large and small fabrication and machining. In addition, understanding of purchasing fundamentals in a contract manufacturing environment, proficient in excel and a working knowledge of PC-based ERP software.
Responsibilities for Buyer will include:
- Ensures that materials are available for order fulfillment and production (both internally and at contract processors) in order to meet customer delivery schedules and delivery customer service levels at the lowest total cost
- Qualifies and approves vendors and coordinates the authorization of purchase orders
- Develops and maintains competitive sources for materials, supplies and services
- Coordinates source selection decisions with other company requirements as required
- Develops and maintains good supplier relations by adhering to high standards of business ethics and fair dealing
- Receives and evaluates proposals from potential suppliers, develops negotiation plans and, with management approval, completes negotiations
- Coordinates engineering, manufacturing and quality control requirements with supplies
- Reviews contractual terms and conditions offered to and requested by suppliers to ensure the company’s best interests are protected
- Performs cost/price analyses to advise management of potential savings and establish negotiation goals
- Develops procurement packages with major subcontractors when the company is designated as the prime contractor
- Leads procurement processes including capturing requirements, soliciting proposals, negotiating contracts, and optimizing the supplier base
- Working under general supervision, performs the wide range of assignments using mature judgment and expertise to develop solutions to specified problems
- Monitors vendor performance and processes credit applications
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 6 years procurement experience in manufacturing environment.
- Experience with large and small fabrication and machining a plus.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of ERP systems.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in working in Engineered to Order, low volume / high mix manufacturing and non-standard manufacturing environments.
- Strong, independent, confident self-starter
- Ability to work in a high energy, high volume, rapidly changing environment
- Stable work background with increased levels of success and responsibility
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to present and explain information that establishes effective communication lines, persuades others and facilitates understanding
- Familiar with ISO 9000 and other quality systems.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly focused, self-motivated, team player who enjoys working independently. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and excellent growth opportunity. Please send your resume and salary history/requirements to our HR Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.