AIT is a manufacturing firm specializing in aerospace factory automation, including the design, fabrication, installation and maintenance of turnkey aircraft assembly automation systems, and has an immediate need for Assemblers/Millwrights in our Grand Prairie, TX, location.
To assemble machined and fabricated jog and fixture/ tooling assemblies such as assembly fixtures, machine fixtures and weld assemblies in accordance with drawings specifications and per customer and company standards. Capable of leading the fabrication of a large assembly fixture by coordinating the sequence of build along with scheduling work to be performed from tool design drawings or models. Laser tracker or portable CMM arm experience is a plus. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Positions, fits, or align parts on workbench, floor, or machine, following blueprints, diagrams, guides, holes, reference marks, or work orders.
- Drills, taps, or reams holes to prepare parts for assembly, using arbor or drill press or other bench mounted drills.
- Files, grinds, planes, sands or buffs parts to remove burrs, alter shape, improve fit or smooth finish, using hand tools or power tools.
- Ensures high-quality product through adherence to drawings, quality standards and operating procedures.
- Communicates effectively with project managers, and team members regarding requirements and scheduling.
- Reads tool designs, specifications and engineering drawings.
- Assembles and tests complex precision components.
- Operates machine tools such as lathes and grinders to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery.
- Operates overhead & mobile cranes, mobile equipment (forklifts, boom lifts).
- Demonstrates good housekeeping practices at all times to help maintain a safe work area.
- High school diploma and/or certification in the field.
Experience & General Characteristics:
- 3 – 5 years of experience within a manufacturing environment
- Computer model use an asset
- Trouble shooting skills required
- Strong ability to interpret tool designs
- Pneumatics systems experience an asset
- Forklift and overhead crane tickets preferred, but in-house training can be provided for the right candidate
- Well versed in safe rigging practices
- Excellent English communication skills – verbal and written
- Welding equipment
- Hand tools
- Power tools
- Precision measuring tools
- Drill Press, Table saw, Hand router
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and the noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Safety - AIT enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities.
Quality - It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the AIT Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable AIT Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Physical Demands – Ability to lift and carry up to 35-50 pounds for short distances, stoop, bend, kneel, walk, and have full dexterity.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly focused, self-motivated, team player who enjoys working independently. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and excellent growth opportunity. Please send your resume and salary history/requirements to our HR Representative at email@example.com.